The St. Barnabas Endowment Foundation was formed in 1992 for the benefit of St. Barnabas Parish and St. Barnabas School to ensure that the future of the parish is as brilliant as its past. The Endowment Foundation is organized as an Illinois charitable corporation exclusively for charitable, religious, literary, scientific and educational purposes, with a Board of Directors that oversees its activities, investments and operations.
The Board of Directors is comprised of the pastor and the business manager, and appointees from the Parish Council, Finance Board and School Board who serve staggered three-year terms. The Board has the authority to designate an Investment Manager and one or more non-voting members. The Board typically meets four times per year (January, April, July, and October), although circumstances may call for more or less meetings as may be appropriate. Minutes of all board meetings are kept and are available upon request and approval from the Board. Please call Gail Byrnes, Business Manager at 773-779-1166 to request a copy of any meeting minutes.
Currently, the assets of the foundation are invested for long-term growth in accordance with the board’s Statement of Investment Policy and Objectives, adopted on June 20, 2007. Also available for your reference are the Bylaws of the St. Barnabas Endowment Foundation.
To avoid competition with weekly church collections and other fundraising efforts, the foundation has historically limited its solicitation efforts to gifts and bequests upon the death of a parishioner or friend of the parish. However, contributions are always welcome. For more information on donating to the St. Barnabas Endowment Foundation, please refer to Additional Ways to Give.