Administration Mission Statement
The Administration Commission is responsible for leading stewardship & development as well as managing the parish's financial and physical resources. Stewardship includes parishioners supporting the parish with their time, talent and treasure; the parish then uses the resources provided for the ongoing ministries, maintenance and future of the parish. The Commission is also responsible for keeping parishioners informed about what is happening in the parish.
The Administration Commission meets monthly on Leadership Night for the purpose of coordinating the flow of information to and from the administrative committees. Liaisons to each committee provide updates on previous business, discuss progress on current activities, share information on future activities, and when needed, seek guidance and assistance from the commission.
The administrative committees include the following:
- Finance Board: The Finance Board is a consultative body to the Pastor, made up of 8 appointed members, providing advice, planning, direction and oversight on financial matters.
- Physical Resource Committee: The Physical Resource Committee is made up of parishioners with expertise in the areas of building trades (plumbing, electrical, roofing, construction, etc). The committee meets on an as-needed basis to discuss the repair, remodeling, or reconstruction of major facility needs as well as wishlist items identified by our parish leadership team. Contractors are contacted, bids are requested and reviewed, and when necessary, recommendations for implementation are made to the parish Finance Board.
- Communications Committee: The Communications Committee works to foster effective, proactive communication systems within the parish. Members evaluate the effectiveness of parish communications and make recommendations for continued improvement. Media focus includes the church bulletin, website, directory, promotional flyers, Parish eNewsletter, social media etc.
- Grant-in-Aid Committee: Using policy guidelines approved by the School and Finance Boards, the Grant-in-Aid Committee is responsible for evaluating and subsequently, making decisions regarding tuition assistance requests from Catholic school families.
- Endowment Foundation: The purpose of the St. Barnabas Endowment Foundation is to support ministries that cannot be supported by ordinary parish income. The focus of the Foundation Board is to oversee the endowment funds and to solicit funds via bequests.
- Stewardship & Development Committee: The Stewardship & Development Committee focuses on strengthening our stewardship program, building relationships with St. Barnabas alumni, growing our endowment funds, and fostering planned giving.