Poor Box Collections
The Poor Box is available on the altar the first Sunday of every month. Currently, collections from the Poor Box are donated to the St. Martin de Porres House of Hope, 6423 S. Woodlawn Ave, Chicago, IL. The St. Martin de Porres House of Hope is a private, not-for-profit, Christian shelter with a comprehensive plan for effectively addressing the needs of addicted, homeless women, their children, and pregnant teens in Chicago.
Services provided at the House of Hope include:
- food and shelter;
- individual, group, and family counseling;
- health care;
- alcohol and drug abuse recovery;
- educational and life skills training for adults and pre-school children;
- individual case management assistance;
- parenting and family life instruction;
- computer training;
- housing placement; and
- outreach services for residents after they leave the shelter.
The House of Hope is nationally and internationally recognized for its superior quality of services, tough love policies, and very high success rate.