St. Barnabas Young Authors Program
Does your child have lots of imagination, enjoy storytelling or making art, or have a strong interest in a particular topic?
St. Barnabas Young Authors Program can help your child turn those talents into his or her VERY OWN BOOK! Authored, illustrated, and “published” by your child!
Kids learn what’s involved in getting a book from idea to shelf. Their works are displayed for fellow students and visitors at the Art and Book Fair each spring, and the books are A HIT WITH READERS!
- Participants must be St. Barnabas students.
- Students in all grades – pre-school through 8th – are welcome to participate.
- Program enrollment is held in February each year. Click here for current enrollment form.
- Participants decide on their topic, write and illustrate their story, and turn it into a bound book.
- We provide GUIDELINES on how to get started, and teachers and parent volunteers provide editing assistance as requested throughout the process.
- Final books are displayed at the annual Art and Book Fair held each spring.
- Participants who submit a completed book receive a certificate and are eligible for raffle prizes at our final meeting/celebration.
The St. Barnabas Young Authors Program is presented by the St. Barnabas FSA.
For questions, contact YAP Coordinator:
Marilyn Harris at