The St. Barnabas Parish Council is made up of two people from each commission, along with the Pastor and a representative of the parish staff.
The purpose of the Parish Council is to:
- research the needs, ideas, goals and hopes of the faith community;
- encourage and support existing ministries;
- evaluate the quality of life of the parish faith community;
- evaluate the parish’s success in carrying out the church’s mission;
- draft and periodically reevaluate the Parish Mission Statement;
- communicate with the parish faith community regarding all of its work.
The Council implements the St. Barnabas Mission Statement by developing yearly themes for the parish, formulating a vision and long-range plan for the parish, establishing goals and action steps for the parish as a whole, coordinating and supporting the five parish commissions, and working in collaboration with the pastor.